Thursday, June 2, 2011

You + Me= Failure

Its not you its me
Well
In this case its not me its you
Some things are just better left unsaid
But I only speak the truth
There are some things one needs to hear in order for them to see the light
In an effort to make things better...maybe just maybe you might
Many know about my attitude problem and the bitch that I can be
But what many dont know is the struggle and the pain i have been through that has shaped and molded me
You see when people dont really care they just go off of what they see not of what they know
And that my friend is what you show
A careless, self centered, egotistical individual who only cares about themselves
I have been evolving out of my shell and maybe you should as well
Ive been lied to, talked about, and stabbed in the back
When I entered this friendship I thought it was something you would lack
The lies, the backstabbing, and the dishonesty
But I hurt and bleed more because I think I lied and stabbed myself honestly
When I let you come in and take over my life
I didnt know what i was getting into right?
Im only trying to become a better person with every day that passes by
And maybe the best thing to do in order for me to grow is to say goodbye
To you, to us, to this unhealthy companionship
Youre like a virus thats come and eating me alive
And I have to kill you off of me if I want to survive
Although I know this is going to be hard
It has to be done
I have been putting it off for too long now
As others have come and gone youve stayed somehow
The deadliest part of my life eating away
Do you enjoy seeing me this way?
I know you see me trying to be a better person and trying to keep you as well
But clearly as i said before you must not give a hell
About what I do or what I stand for
You only care when it benefits you more
So what it all boils down to is that I love you...I do
But I love myself more than I do you
In order for me to grow
I have to let YOU go

No comments:

Post a Comment