Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bruises

Inside I'm dying
Screaming my pain
You got up, left
Placed me back on the shelf
Like a forgotten toy
Ready to be sold again
Your love left me blanketed in bruises and insanity
Bruises unseen to the human eye
Lay buried deep inside
Upon the heart that once was set to love
Now broken, not able to feel
Beaten, swollen
Bleeding with sin
My chest is pounding
My mind is shutting down
Unable to process words
Thoughts broken
All because you left
Your hand strangled my heart
Covered with bruises
Now wrapped in barbed wire
So no other can commit the same
This crime you did
This evil deed
Never to be forgiven
Your face flashing back
A clear image
Like the love notes I hold
Flames dance away the sorrows
Bidding farewell
The bruises fade
But the insanity continues to haunt
Returning each night
To torture my soul
Next time I won't be so careless
To hand away my heart to those unknown
I've already neared insanity
Anymore bruises and I'm sure to fail

No comments:

Post a Comment