Thursday, June 2, 2011

You Just Don't Get It...

You just don’t get it do you?
You just don’t get how you make me feel
I open up…you shut me out
I shut you out…
You
Get
Mad
It’s like I can’t do anything right by you
All I wanted was the best for you….even if that didn’t include me
Not a night goes by that I don’t think about you
Because you were the one
YOU
You were the one that I wanted
You were the one I needed
You were the
One
I
Loved
But look where that got me?
Hopeless
Miserable
Incurable
Lonely and
Heartbroken
Why?
Because you
Degraded my soul
Corrupted my mind and
Deteriorated my heart
The pain you caused will never subside
You left me alone when I needed you the most
When I was always by your side when you needed me
But when it was your turn
The only thing you could do was turn your back on me
I feel like my faithfulness and my honesty was a waste of time and effort
Because you were out doing your thang
You left me hoping and wishing that things would be better
But they
NEVER were
Things just got worse
Sometimes I wish I hadn’t allowed you back in my life
But then I stop and think
If I hadn’t then I wouldn’t be the strong person I am now
DAMN
I am strong but my heart is still weak
It still yearns for you and
You just don’t get it
HELL
Neither
Do
I

No comments:

Post a Comment