Thursday, June 2, 2011

What ifs...Whys...Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda

Thinking about the what ifs, whys, and the shoulda coulda wouldas
What if...we didnt do what we did
Why...did I take it that far?
Shoulda...waited
Coulda...waited
Woulda...waited AND IT...
Woulda...worked
Coulda...worked
Shoulda...worked
Why...didnt it work?
What if...it did work?
What if...I started acting funny?
Why...are you acting differently?
Shoulda...said no
Coulda...said no
Woulda...said no BUT I...
Woulda...been disappointed
Coulda...been disappointed
Shoulda...been disappointed
Why...am I so disappointed?
What if...disappointment wont fade?
What if...i stayed?
Why...should I?
Shoulda...known
Coulda...known
Woulda...known BUT I...
Woulda...hurt
Coulda...hurt
Shoulda...hurt
Why..does it hurt?
What if...it wont stop hurting?
All of the what ifs and the whys and the shoulda, coulda, wouldas.
All of the pain, anguish, and tears
All of it
All of you
Not just YOU
But YOU too
Compounded into one, conspiring
Ripping and stomping on the most valuable piece of me
What if...I didnt give it to you?
Why...did I give it to you?
Shoulda...waited
Coulda...waited
Woulda...waited BUT I....


Didn't

No comments:

Post a Comment